11 Paragraphs from the book “The Power of our Subconscious Mind” by Dr. Joseph Murphy with little bit change i.e., (your=our, you=we or us)
1) Why is one person sad another person happy? Why is one person joyous and prosperous and another person poor and miserable? Why is one person fearful and anxious and another full of faith and confidence? Why does one person have a beautiful, luxurious home while another person lives out a meager existence in a slum? Why is one person a great success and another an abject failure? Why is one speaker outstanding and immensely popular and another mediocre and unpopular? Why is one person a genius in her work or profession while another toils all his life without doing or accomplishing anything worthwhile? Why one person is healed of a so-called incurable disease and another isn’t? Why is it so many good kind, religious people suffer the tortures of the damned in their mind and bodies? Why is it many immoral and irreligious people succeed and prosper and enjoy radiant health? Why one person is happily married and another very unhappy and frustrated?
2) Infinite intelligence leads and guides me in all my ways. Perfect health is mine, and the law of harmony operates in my mind and body. Beauty, love, peace and abundance are mine. The principles of right action and divine order govern my entire life. I know my major premise is based on the eternal truths of life, and I know, feel and believe that my subconscious mind responds according to the nature of my conscious mind’s thinking.
3) I asked her why she repeated her affirmation prior to sleep. She told me, “Once it is set in motion in a certain direction, the kinetic action of the subconscious mind continues throughout our sleep. That is why it is so critical to give the subconscious mind something beneficial to work on as we drop off into slumber.”
4) The average child born into the world is perfectly healthy, with its organs functioning perfectly. This is the normal state, and we should remain healthy, vital and strong. The instinct of self-preservation is the strongest instinct of our nature, and it constitutes a most potent, ever present, and constantly operative truth, inherent in our nature. All our thoughts, ideas and beliefs must operate with greater potentiality when they are in harmony with the innate life-principle in us. Which is forever seeking to preserve and protect us along all lines. It follows from this that normal conditions can be restored with greater ease and certainty than abnormal conditions can be induced.
5) The right answer is inevitable when our thoughts are positive, constructive and loving. From this it is obvious that only thing we have to do in order to overcome failure is to get our subconscious to accept our idea or request. Feel its reality now and the law of our mind will do the rest. Turn over our request with faith and confidence, and our subconscious will take over and answer for us.
6) Perhaps’ we are saying as we read this chapter, “I need wealth and success” This is what we do: Repeat for five minutes to ourselves three or four times a day, “Wealth, Success.” These words have tremendous power. They represent the inner power of the subconscious mind. Anchor our mind on this substantial power within us; then conditions and circumstances corresponding to their nature and quality will manifested in our life. We are not saying, “I am wealthy,” we are dwelling on real powers within us. There is no conflict in the mind when we say, “Wealth” Furthermore, the feeling of wealth will well up within as we dwell on the idea of wealth.
7) I like money, I love it. I use it wisely, constructively, and judiciously. Money is constantly circulating in my life. I release it with joy, and it returns to me multiplied in a wonderful way. It is good and very good. Money flows to me in avalanches of abundance. I use it for good only, and I am grateful for my good and for the riches of my mind.
8) If we continue to experience a delay in arriving at a solution maybe we are thinking of the question we are presenting to our subconscious mind as a major on that will take a long time to solve. This would not be surprising. We are usually tempted to believe our problems are difficult. If they weren’t they wouldn’t be problems. However, this is a mistake. Our subconscious mind is timeless and spaceless. Go to sleep believing we have to answer now. Do not postulate that the answer will have to wait to come in the future. Have an abiding faith in the outcome. Become convinced now as we read this book that there is an answer and a perfect solution for us.
9) Divine order takes charge of my life today and every day. Al things work together for good for me today. This is a new and wonderful day for me. There will never be another day for me like this one. I am divinely guided all day long, and whatever I do will prosper. Divine love surrounds me, enfolds me, and enwraps me, and I go forth in peace. Whenever my attention wanders away from that which is good and constructive, I will immediately bring it back to the contemplation of that which is lovely and of good report. I am spiritual and mental magnet attracting to myself all things that bless and prosper me. I am going to be a wonderful success in all my undertaking today. I am definitely going to be happy all day long.
10) This is not idle daydreaming. We understand that what we are experiencing in our imagination will be developed in our subconscious mind. Then we will compelled to express the image and likeness of the picture we impressed on our deeper mind. When we next attempt to swim, it is the joy that will surface. This is the law of the subconscious.
11) Our subconscious never grows old. It is timeless, ageless and endless. It is a part of the universal mind of God. Which was never born and will never die. Fatigue or old age does not have an impact on any spiritual quality or power. Patience, kindness, veracity, goodwill, peace, harmony, and brotherly love are attributes and qualities that will never grow old. If we continue to generate these qualities here on this plane of life, we will always remain young in spirit.