Many people asked me how to lose weight. My suggestion to everyone who wants to lose weight is, “instead of trying to lose weight, focus more on losing fat”. All the overweight problem related to body weight is mostly because of higher body fat percentage. We must maintain our body fat percentage between 6-15 percent for men and 12-20 percent for women.
To achieve this, we have to do exercise and then take proper nutrition. In this article, we only talk about exercise.
Best way to lose fat is high-intensity bodyweight training. Strength training simulates our muscles and needs lots of energy. Our body fulfils the demand for energy by burning fat in our body. Thus if we need a flat abs, thumbs up for bodyweight training.
Before starting the training, we need to prepare ourselves mentally and physically. For mental preparation take a pen and sheet, write down everything that we are going to do in our strength training. Physical preparation can be done by warming up and raising our heartbeat to pump more blood that is required to do the workout.
Warm Ups: During warm-ups, we need to engage every muscle and joint in the body. This is a simple process for warm-ups
- Do soft vertical jump for 2 minutes.
- Do stretching.
Now we are ready to perform the exercise.
Exercise: A general routine is given which is beneficial for all type of people. Also, these exercises are effective for female as it is effective for the male.
- Pushups: It simulates arms, core, chest, and shoulder. Do a set of 20 pushups, take rest for 5 minutes. Repeat this process for 5 times.
- In case not able to even 1 push-ups: Instead of toes use knees. This will decrease the length of the body in the air and thus facilitate push-ups. Keep the body from knees to shoulder straight, then do push-ups. Once able to do 20 reps five-time start doing proper push-ups. You will need a yoga mat to protect the knee from the hard floor. If, even this set up is difficult then use gym ball. Put the thighs on the gym ball and do a pushup. As we progress, increase the length of the body in the air while doing pushups.
- In case, can do more than 20 push-ups: Put the feet on some raised platform then try to do push-ups. Remember to keep the height of platform equal to or less than our arm. We can also use gym ball as a platform.
- Pull-ups: Pull-ups also simulate upper body muscles excepts chest i.e., arms, core, and back. Do a set of 12 push-ups, take rest for 5 minutes. Repeat this process for 5 times. To increase difficulty do more reps
- In case not able to do even 1 pull up: just chill and hung on the bar as we are going to do pull-ups for 1 minute and then take rest for five minutes. Repeat the process for 5 times. Keep working on like this until reaching the target. If this is not possible strength our grip by using griper and biceps by resistance tube.
- Use Griper for grip strength: Do 3 sets of 20 reps. Take 1 minutes rest between sets.
- Use resistance tube to increase biceps strength: Do 5 sets of 5 reps, take 2 minutes rest between sets.
- Squats: Squat is best lower body exercise. Do a set of 20 squats, take rest for 5 minutes. Repeat this process for 5 times.
We have to perform these three exercises in a sequence. One day we have to do pushups, next day we have to do pull-ups and another day does squat. Repeat these process and it will surprise us for sure.
These exercises are sufficient to keep anyone fit and robust. We have to progress forward to leave our fat behind.
Given below is body measurement chart. Write it down in the copy and fill it every third week (21 days) to measure the progress. Once we able to see the progress, we will follow the exercise plan more enthusiastically.